Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This I Believe

I Believe in God.
I believe that God is love.
I believe that belief is valuable.
I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Friend.
I believe that scripture (the Bible, Book of Mormon, etc.) is the word of God as understood by prophets, historians and others that recorded their revelations.
I believe that all can receive revelation from God.
I believe prophets receive divine guidance for the world, however filtered it may be by their own experience.
I believe that God communicates with me through the Spirit.
I believe that God constantly strives to help humanity better understand His word and truth.
I believe that Truth should be sought for and Embraced.
I believe that people are inherently good.
I believe that the worth of every soul is great.
I believe that I have a Mother in Heaven, without whom God is incomplete and not god.
I believe that men and women are equal and deserve equal rights.
I believe that we are all children of Heavenly Parents.
I believe that we all have freedom to choose.
I believe that we will be judged by what we have done with what we were given.
I believe that I have the divine potential to become like God.
I believe in the power of music.
I believe that all things testify of Christ.
I believe that literature, film and other mediums of art teach truth in profound ways.
I believe that life does not end with death, nor did it begin with birth.
I believe that life is to bring me joy.
I believe that joy is made sweeter by experiencing suffering and pain.
I believe in the power of laughter.
I believe that all things will fail, except for Charity- pure, divine Christ-like love.
I believe that embracing Truth will lead to joy.
I believe that Truth can be found in many places, but that Truth will always bring me closer to God.
I believe that belief is power.

To paraphrase the words of Mark in his ninth chapter, twenty-fourth verse, And straightway I cried out and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

And This I believe. 

2 comments: